Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 4

Hangzhou.  What a wonderfull, tranqual place.  When you first arive you see a peak called Fei Lai Feng.  Legend has it that an Indian Monk named Huiii (yes, three "i's") arrived in the valley 1,600 years ago and was surprised to see a peak so dissimilar from any other on in the valley.  He believed that the peak had flown over from India because the shape didn't look like anything in China but was common in India.  However, he didn't know whyh the peak would have flown to this spot so far from his country. 
Just another example of what smoking too much pyote will do for you!
Anyway, it is right next to the Ling Yin Temple which is a wonderfull place.  There are six temples.  You have to clime stairs to each one as they escelate the mountain and they get more impressive as you go.  You will see them in our pics but believe me, the pics do not do them justice.  They are simply amazing and wonderufll.
Mr. Lo took us to the train station where we caught a train to the city.  It was really nice, almost like an airplane.  But I have to tell you about the ride on the way to the Temple.  We took a cab.  Now, if you have ever been in a New York cab and thought "Maybe I should have done my Will before I got in her" let me tell you - you have seen NOTHING!!!!!!!  I have not been in a car where all four wheels have left the ground since I was like, oh say 24.  But as we were dodging bikes, scooter, people, cars, busses and other various obsticals we went over a hill.  At about 85mph.  ALL FOUR WHEELS WERE OFF THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!!!  I am not shitting you - ask Diane!  We were airborn!  "Hello tower, requesting take-off on runway 2"...
As we landed on the other side of the hill there was a little two-door Honda making a U-turn right in front of us.  Again, ask Diane.  If we were 2 seconds early we would have drilled this guy without even landing on the ground.
So anyway, we went to the temples and saw the Buddah carvings (which were amazing) and then we wnated lunch.  So we took a bus (yes, a BUS) to Shi Wu (West Lake) and hired a small boat to row (yes, row) us out to an Island where there was the resturant that Diane said we HAD to try.  I'm not going to say much about the boat guy except that him and I didn't really see eye to eye on his annoying ways and I ended up yelling at him and I think maybe a I pissed him off but hey, you can only handle "no, I'll take you back for this much" so many times.
Anyway, we went to lunch.  I can't even tell you.  You have to hear this from Diane - My Diane.  You will howl.
We then took a power boat (I really didn't trust the boat guy after that little ordeal) back to the shore where we got a taxi van back to the train station and then headed home.
Dinner was in and bed was needed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment