Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 3

Today we went to Puxi (pronounced liked "PooShee" as in "PooShee, PooSee Galore" - obscure to a James Bond movie for those of you under 35).  This was an amazing and VERY busy place. 
I didn't have to worry about losing Diane because although she is about the same height as the locals here she is the only blonde one.  You will see this in the video.  There is a sea of dark haired people and then all of a sudden................THERE SHE IS!!!
We went to the Silk Museum where we saw how they actually take the cacoon of the silk worm and make it into, well pretty much anything slik.  It is truly amazing.  I got some pretty good video of it but you really have to see it up close to appreciate the finese.
We had a great lunch at Tai Kang Lu.  There was this little Italian place Pete and Diane know about where they make their own pasta daily.  I have to tel you, I had a pasta dish with a white sauce and ham, spinach and something else green - I don't remember what. But I will tell you it rivaled any Italian dish I have had in the states.  Those of you who know me will know that is saying something.  It was AWSOME!
We then took the Di Tie (the subway) to Xin Xiang Yang where we did some more shopping.  It is a great shopping place where you can get good quality for decent prices.  An example would be original Tony Bahama Shirts for 90 Qui which is about $14.  Diane scored some more chopstix and we got a couple of more things.  Then we headed home to clean-up for dinner.
Dinner was wonderfull.  We went to the "Dolar Store" and yes, the spelling is correct!  It's kind of like a Melting Pot but each person has their own pot.  Anyway, some very good foot served differently ie: we had shrimp but it was formed into "Shrimp Balls" and we had white fish but it was formed into "fish balls" (ok, I didn't know fish had balls but.......).  We were with Diane and Pete, Kim and Mike (her husband) and a new friend who's name is "Bill".  Bill did most of the ordering and he ordered something that he didn't think anyone would enjoy except for himself.  It was Duck Blood Tofu.  He was very surprised when I said I would try it.  Those of you who know me know that I am a pretty adventurous eater and will try pretty much anything.  And guess what?  It was really good!  Ok, for those of you who are like "ok my god, no way!  I'd never....." blah, blah, blah.  But for those of you who are like "well, maybe......" you should really try this.  It is very mild and had a pleasant texture.
After dinner Mike and Kim's driver, Mr. Wu took us home and we went to bed. 
Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment