Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 13

Again, rain.
Early breakfast and grab a van to the Yu Loung river for a bamboo raft ride.  Yes, it's raining but we are from Seattle so bring it on!!! 
Seating two people per raft these things have "Zero" freeboard.  Actually a lot of
the raft was under water a lot of the time.  Picture a Venice Gondola with no sides what-so-ever.  We almost lost Diane and Pete as their chair "shifted" while going over the first - what they call - rapids.  Apparentally they don't really "attach" the chair as much as "set" them between the bamboo poles.  It was a great trip, very scenic and serene.  Beautifull scenery even with the rain and the mist from the weather added a lot to the nostalgia.
Back in town we did some last minute shopping and as we were walking I turned around and guess who was coming out of the shop behind us and just across the street?  That's right!!!   My "girlfriends" from last night!!!  They waved me over, another picture was taken and then the tall (hot) one asked me to sign her book.  Something about it being part of their "assignment"...
Uh huh....
Then she asked for my e-mail.... take from that what you will...
They saw Diane (my diane) standing there and asked her to sign and take a picture with them too but I think that was just a "cover-up" personally.
As we all said "goodbye" and after a few knowing winks (I'm sure it wasn't because the rain was hitting their eyes) we had lunch, checked out and headed fir the airport.  Xi'An get ready - here we come!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment